The first presidential debate of 2016 is tonight and could have upwards of 100 million people tuning in. What they’re hoping to see I’m not sure, but I do know that these crap options for president drive many of us to drink. So here’s five beers for you to drink during tonight’s debate!
Over the past couple weeks, I’ve been going through my Untappd profile, rounding up my most memorable beer than I was lucky enough to try in 2012. I ended up with a total of fifteen beers, consisting of a top ten and five honorable mentions which were just short of the cut. It’s not quite the end of 2012 yet, so I suppose it’s possible that late additions bump some of these out, but it’s a risk I’m going to make.
- I definitely like barrel-aged beers.
- Cincinnati-area beers performed well, taking 4 of the 15 spots.
- This list was really, really hard to cull down. There is so much great beer out there and I’ve been able to try so much of it. I love the choice that better beer drinkers have now.
Now, for the list. There are more details for each beer in the captions of the slideshow below, but this here’s the summary. By the way, the top ten are in no particular order.
- Rivertown Lambic (2010)
- Founders Looking Glass
- Sierra Nevada barrel-aged draft only beers
- Quaff Bros. Joseph
- The Bruery Black Tuesday (2009, 2011) & Chocolate Rain
- Goose Island Juliet
- Dark Horse Bourbon Barrel Plead the Fifth (2011, 2012)
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout (2012)
- Westvleteren XII
- Listermann Cincinnatus
- Rivertown Sour Cherry Porter
- Stone Enjoy By 11.09.12
- Quaff Bros Sour Grapes
- New Belgium La Folie
- Founders Better Half
The format is a little awkward below with the captions, so if you’d like a better view of them, you can do so here.